- Quotations are valid for 30 days barring errors or omissions.
- As prices are ex-studio, an additional freight component must be charged.
- Pricing may be subject to change without notice.
- Modifications to products outside the standard specifications may be possible.
- All requests for modifications must be submitted in writing and are subject to Christopher Boots’s approval.
- Additional lead time and surcharge will apply.
- All drawings, dimensions, samples, descriptive matter and specifications are intended as a guide only. Christopher Boots reserves the right to change, alter or modify the design, dimensions, construction or costing of any item without prior written notice.
- An order confirmation will be forwarded to you in acknowledgement of receipt of your order.
- This document superseded all prior correspondence in relation to your order (verbal, written, graphic or otherwise).
- We will proceed with your order, as per your order confirmation, unless we receive written notification of any requested changes with 24 hours.
- Due to tight lead times, the studio begins production shortly after orders are placed.
- Therefore we are only able to change your order if manufacturing has not already started.
- Once your order has been confirmed any request for subsequent changes must be sent in writing.
- No guarantee can be given that the requested change can be made.
- Any variation or cancellation agreed to by Christopher Boots will incur additional costs.
- We will provide you with an estimated delivery time upon placement of your order.
- Please contact our sales office for current lead time estimates.
- Failure to provide all relevant information may delay lead times.
- Lead Times begin with receipt of payment.
- Goods will only ship once balance payments have cleared.
- Christopher Boots shall not be liable for failure to perform or for delay in performance due to fire, flood, strike or other labour difficulty, act of God, act of any governmental authority or of the Purchaser, riot, embargo, fuel or energy shortage, wrecks or delay in transportation, inability to obtain necessary labour, materials or manufacturing facilities from usual sources or failure of suppliers to meet their contractual obligations or due to any cause beyond its reasonable control.
- If any such event occurs, we may extend delivery date by a period of time necessary to overcome the effect of such delay, allocate available Product or cancel any purchase order.
- Whilst we will make every effort to achieve nominated delivery dates, delays do not constitute a breach of contract and
- Christopher Boots is in no way liable for any resulting damages.
- Our standard payment terms are 50% deposit.
- Deposit is non-refundable.
- Balance due prior to release of the goods.
- Goods remain the property of Christopher Boots until full payment has been received.
- We accept Amex, Mastercard and Visa.
- Delivery times will be arranged with you once goods are ready for despatch.
- The freight charge covers a single delivery at ground level during normal weekday delivery hours.
- Customers are responsible for checking that all goods have free and easy access to their intended destination.
- Prior to delivery please provide us with full written details of any difficulty to access eg. stairs, delivery dock, lift etc.
- We reserve the right to charge additional costs for unusual access not advised in writing.
- We offer an inspection service, with additional fee, prior to order commencement for potential difficult deliveries.
- Should delivery prove impossible, we may require the customer to accept the goods and make their own arrangements for delivery.
- Cancellation of a booked delivery is subject to a cancellation fee equivalent to the standard delivery price, should notice be given later than 24 hours prior to the booked delivery date.
- If you are unable to accept delivery within 7 days from our first call following the completion of your order, the invoice must be paid in full.
- In addition, a storage fee of 1% of the value of goods per month or $100 per week (whichever is higher) is payable.
- Inspection of products is required upon delivery.
- Any damage must be noted on delivery docket presented to you by carrier for signature.
- We will not be responsible for any damage by couriers, freight handlers or shipping companies.
- Damages must be documented and reported within 7 days of receipt.
- We are not responsible for repair or replacement of damages reported after this time.
- Purchaser must note any damages on the delivery receipt upon delivery, along with documentation and photographs of the item/s and packaging.
- If damage has occurred during shipping all packaging must be retained by receiver, failure to do so may invalidate any claim.
- We are not responsible for the following:
- Damage caused by improper installation or assembly by the customer or customer’s agent.
- Damage caused by improper cleaning solutions or methods.
- Damage caused to our fixtures, parts of our fixtures, or shades, by the improper use and installation of light bulbs.
- Damage caused by exposure to weather or improper environment.
- Changes in the appearance of hand rubbed finishes or unlacquered finishes- these are meant to age in appearance.
- Any costs of installation, removal or reinstallation.
- Restoration or repair work.
- Any parts purchased separately from our light fixtures.
- Insurance claims will require photographic evidence to prove a claim.
- All packaging must be retained to process an insurance claim.
- All raw brass batches are made in different factories according to the extrusion or sheet, therefore will always be subject to naturally slight colour variation.
- Slight variation will not be accepted as a reason to reject an item produced by Christopher Boots.
- Please choose carefully, we do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
- You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described or dramatically different to the product purchased on the website.
- Due to the hand-made nature of our product, we are not able to offer returns on Custom Made fixtures.
- Stock items incur a restocking fee of 20%.
- Christopher Boots reserves the right to cancel any order at any time for whatever reason, in which case all funds paid by Purchaser will be returned.
- Orders may only be cancelled by Purchaser in writing within 48 hours of order placement. If Purchaser chooses to cancel once the 48 hour cancellation window has passed they receive a part refund less 35% admin fee and manufacturing costs if the project has started.
- Please refer to WARRANTY document for full details.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any sales made are expressly conditional upon Purchaser’s agreement to the terms and conditions in this document.
- These terms and conditions may be modified or supplemented only by a written document signed by an authorized representative of Christopher Boots.
- These terms and conditions supersede any prior and/or contemporaneous agreements or correspondence between Purchaser and Seller.
- Seller reserves the right to change the Terms without notice.
- Purchaser is solely responsible for compliance with all laws, ordinances, regulations, rules and standards relating to the installation, maintenance, use and operation of the products.
- This document is given in addition to consumer guarantees and cannot exclude these rights.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Christopher Boots, its contractors and subcontractors or suppliers of any tier shall not be liable to Purchaser for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising from Products or from a breach of this Agreement.
- Purchaser’s remedies set forth herein are exclusive and the liability of Seller with respect to the breach of this Agreement or any contract entered into between the parties pursuant hereto shall not exceed the price of the Product(s) or part on which such liability is based.
- To the extent that the laws of any jurisdiction do not permit limitations or exclusions of implied warranties, incidental damages and consequential damages, the above limitations may not apply.
- In such jurisdictions, the above limitations shall be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Please contact email@example.com for full details or call +61 3 9417 6501 or visit 369 Gore Street Fitzroy 3065 Victoria Australia
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
What we collect and how we use it: The phrases “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” mean any information by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, telephone number, etc. You can visit most of our web pages without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If we do collect such personally identifiable information, we typically use it for the purpose of enabling us to contact you directly, for contests and for promotions for example. The following are some examples of how such information might be collected and used:
Our email newsletter is used to communicate new product availability, store events, promotions and discounts. If a user requests to receive our email newsletters, they need to provide a valid e-mail address. Real names need not be used to request newsletters.
CONTEST AND PROMOTIONS
Email addresses that are submitted for entry in a contest or sweepstakes are used for the purpose of determining and notifying a winner. We may also use the email address to send follow up newsletters. You may, at any point of time, inform us that you are no longer interested in receiving our newsletter, and we will remove your e-mail address from further mailings. Once a prize is awarded in any contest or sweepstakes, information related to the winner will be maintained for internal administrative and auditing purposes.
When purchasing Christopher Boots products, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, etc. We also maintain a record of your online product purchases. Whether or not to provide such information is completely your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to purchase products, or access certain services, offers and content on our web site as a guest.
How you can access, change, or delete your information and preferences: We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us please let us know by sending your written request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via postal mail to Christopher Boots, 369 Gore Street, Fitzroy, 3065, Victoria, Australia. You may also contact us at +61 3 9417 6501. Please provide your full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number when making this request. Include your email address, full name, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for your request to become effective.
WEB SITE ACTIVITY
We may track domain names, IP addresses, browser types, resolution, etc. from people who visit our site. We use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout Christopher Boots’s Web site. Such information is not correlated with any personal information.
Your Christopher Boots account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. Christopher Boots will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you have completed your shopping to help ensure that others cannot access your personal information. In addition, when you submit sensitive information via the checkout on our web site, such as a credit card number, that information is encrypted and protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Please be aware that our site may contain links to other sites hosted by third parties. Christopher Boots does not control and is thus not responsible for the content or privacy practices and policies of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Christopher boots offers a 36 month / 3 year warranty from date of receipt of balance payment on all light fittings supplied (not installation) against mechanical defects.
- Christopher boots will repair or replace defective components or product within this warranty period.
- Warranty for componentry includes:
- Led lamps and strips: 3 years / 36 months after receipt.
- Led drivers 60w: 3 years / 36 months after receipt.
- Led drivers 100w + 150w: 5 years / 60 months after receipt.
- Incandescent lamps: no warranty – no manufacturer warrants filament lamps.
- Fixtures are labeled clearly with the maximum allowable wattage therefore responsibility of purchaser / end client to ensure correct lamps & wattages are compliant.
- If unsure, please contact email@example.com
- Please note: use of higher wattage bulbs than indicated will forfeit warranty.
CHRISTOPHER BOOTS WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Damage caused by improper cleaning solutions or methods.
- Damage caused by improper installation or assembly by customer or customer’s agent.
- Damage caused by improper use of light bulbs:
- Installers ensure screwing lamps / glass lamp cover inline with trajectory of product branch + lampholder upon lamp replacement.
- A screwing motion of slightest angle may cause cross-threading & breakage not covered under warranty.
- Damage caused by exposure to weather or improper environment – client to check ip rating prior to purchase.
- Changes in appearance of hand applied finishes or unlacquered finishes.
*Please note that these finishes are designed to age in appearance.
- Any costs of installation, removal, or re-installation.
- Restoration, repair work & any parts purchased separately from supplied light fixtures.
- Damage caused during shipping- all items are packed specifically for global transport.
- Damages must be documented and reported within 7 business days of receipt.
- Photo evidence will be required upon reporting of damage claim.
- Christopher boots is not responsible for repair or replacement of damages reported after this time.
- If damage has occurred in shipping – all packaging must be retained by receiver. Failure to do so may invalidate any claim.
- Because of the hand-made nature of our product, we are not able to offer returns.
- Warranty claims, however will require client to cover shipping enroute back for repair